Drouot Estimations sales are organised within the usual public auction rules and in compliance with the law in force.
Following the first appointment or valuation, the auctioneer will advise and guide you through the best sales conditions (dates, advertising, catalogue, fees, minimum price) all mentioned in a written contract.
For any unsold good not collected by the vendor within 15 days following the sale, storage charges of 10 € (exc. VAT) per month and per item will apply at the vendor's charge. If any object remains more than a year without any instruction, it will be considered as abandoned.
New client registration : 30,49 € (exc. VAT), 36,59 € (inc. VAT).
Sale fees : 14% (exc. VAT), 16,80% (inc. VAT), calculated on the hammer price.
Unsold fees : 3% (exc. VAT), 3,60% (inc. VAT) from the last bid, in case the object is bought in.
Special fees :
- Expert fees : from 3 to 6 % (exc. VAT) according to the speciality.
- Participation to the advertising and catalogue fees depending on your object affectation.
Taxes and various charges :
- For precious metals objects (jewels, silver) not showing official hallmarks according to the French law, additional charges will be due to the "Service de la Garantie".
- For every sold lot above 5 000 €, a 6,5 % capital gains tax will be debited directly on the sale product.
- For the sales of original works (paintings, prints, modern sculptures), the artist's resale right (4% per object) will be debited to the profit of the artists (art. 42, law of March 11, 1957). Except if the vendor has bought the work directly from the artist and wishes to sell it within 3 years and no more than 10 000 €.
Shipment remains at the vendor's charge and can be organised by our services upon request.
Results will be sent by official letter during the week following the sale.
Payments will be sent by wire transfer 30 to 60 days after the sale, once all the charges have been deducted.