Lot n° 59
80 - 120
Result without fees
D'après Guillaume COUSTOU (1677-1746)
Horse held by a groom called horse of Marly.
Proof in patinated bronze.
14 x 32 cm.
Wear to the patina.
The Horses of Marly are two sculpted groups in Carrara marble commissioned in 1739 by Louis XV and realized by Guillaume Coustou between 1743 and 1745.
Installed in the gardens of the Château de Marly in 1745 to decorate the watering hole, they were then transferred to the Place de la Concorde in 1794. They are now kept in the Louvre.
Return to catalogue